A Great Place to Work!
Akehurst Landscape Service, Inc. hires Certified Professional Horticulturists [CPH] and Certified Landscape Technicians [CLT], as well as College Interns, Horticultural and Construction Students and Marketing majors. Call 410-538-4018 to apply, or drop in to fill out an application. We are currently accepting applications for all positions.
Akehurst Landscape Service. Inc.
Attn: Job Opportunities
712 Philadelphia Road
Joppa , Maryland 21085
Global Headquarters: Joppa, MD
West Shop: Pikesville, MD
South Shop: Glen Burnie, MD
STATUS: Currently Hiring Great People!
We are currently hiring Grounds Crew members and Team Leaders. Apply online or contact the HR Desk 410-538-4018 x106.
If a position becomes filled, we will keep your application for 90 days. If a new position opens, we will contact open applications.
(We are a drug free workplace)
We have job openings for Great People now.
- Grounds Maintenance Sales – Knowledge of the grounds services industry
Grounds Crews and Team Leaders (Full & Part-time) CLT, CPH a plus
- Fleet Mechanic and Service Manager – Lead the shop by example, we insure your tools
- Night Shift Truck and Small Engine Mechanic
- Pruning Crew Leader and Crew members
- Licensed Tree Expert
- Licensed Arborist
- Lawn Care and Spray Technician – minimum 3 years experience
- Enhancements Crew Leaders and crew members – knowledge of proper horticultural practices and planting
Transportation required. Drivers require a clean record
If you have what it takes, our team needs you now.
IT ENGINEER or SPECIALIST
We are currently accepting applications for an inhouse IT and Network specialist to maintain all technological systems from Network Servers to Workstations and Cell Phone.
Must have Microsoft Certification and be knowledgable with 2012 R2, Hyper-visor, VPN and other capabililites.
Grounds Maintenance Sales (Immediate Opening)
Reporting to the Director of Field Operations Manager, this exempt position is responsible for:
1) Increasing revenue and profit as a result of the development and implementation of an effective marketing campaign, sales efforts, and customer-oriented internal systems;
2) Prospects and interacts with clients and develops new business opportunities.
3) Creates awareness through public relations efforts.
4) Develops and executes an annual sales plan that targets a diverse and profitable portfolio.
5) Providing estimates that are efficient, accurate, and consistent with company gross margin goals.
To be successful in in this job classification, the incumbent must have a strong and applied sales background, a keen attention to detail, a proven history of meeting sales goals in a fast-paced market, and the ability to remain flexible to changing sales trends in the industry. Additionally, qualified candidates should possess at least (3) years of professional sales, landscaping and business experience similar to that described, familiarity with the grounds maintenance sales industry, and a current driver’s license.
Grounds Maintenance Crewmembers and Crew/Team Leaders (Immediate Openings)
We are currently accepting applications for EXPERIENCED Labor for our Grounds Department crews.
Grounds Maintenance Crew Leaders and Crewmembers: Experience in Mowing, Bed Care, Pruning, Mulching, Weeding, Planting, General Labor and Debris removal.
Enhancement Crew Leaders and Crewmembers: Experience in Planting, Seeding/Sodding, Irrigation, Hardscapes, Pavers, Retaining Walls, Water Features and Ponds, Fence Installation and General Labor.
Experienced Small Engine or Truck and Equipment Mechanics are needed to service, maintain and repair our fleet of equipment and vehicles. Must have own tools and be able to work flexible hours. Call our office today 410-538-4018. Part Time Positions are available.